The knowledge of computing resources such as hosts, workstations/terminals, servers, operational systems and applications constitutes a basis for their effective management. One of the methods of obtaining extensive and actual information about installed software, licenses and computing equipment is a common IT audit. It allows administrators to optimize purchases and respond promptly and precisely, especially in device crash situations.
It is possible to distinguish audit types within IT audit framework:
- Computing resources audit
- Software audit
- License audit
The best possible method of gaining in depth, actual true information about the IT system condition is an audit carried out by a third party reporting unit (Audit vault).
Proposed by ABI-soft audit incorporates 4 fundamental elements:
- Diagnosing current and future equipment, software and IT services requirements
- Checking of software licenses
- Checking of internal system safety and anti-virus protection
- Checking net infrastructure topography and configuration between work stations and servers
The findings from an audit are presented in the form of a detailed report encompassing:
- A real requisition for software and computer equipment. Determining configuration requirements for this equipment. The list is prepared on the basis of surveys carried out with employees and their supervisors.
- A list of inconsistencies between exploited and actually valid software licenses
- A list of computer hardware with its configurations and installed software
- Analysis of computing tools usage methods, system and procedures efficiency and proposals for their alterations
Due to proven methodology and experience of our employees, audit is performed in a fast, agile and uninterrupted manner, so that businesses can run smoothly. It warrants mention, that audit carried out by a third party is more effective, than one carried out by the firm itself. Such claim can be justified by IT consultancy statistics.