CRM – Customer Relationship Management, is a terminology used to describe a new class of software supporting enterprise’s management. This software is complementary to ”traditional” MRPII/ERP types of systems. It covers new areas of mission-critical applications, which were not aided by these systems so far. CRM is an answer to market transformations taking place from the early 80-ties. It is also a review of the prevailing, ”traditional” marketing concept.
What is CRM?
- It is a cluster of business strategies aiming to increase enterprise long term market value by realizing its maximum potential lying in the relationship between firms and clients
- It is client-focused business conduct philosophy pervading the whole institutional culture
- Its core activities encompass: profitable management of processes such as: client identification, capture, retention and treatment
- It gives a 360-degree view of customer-enterprise-customer relationship by consolidating all accessible media and information channels
- It is based on managing and structuring knowledge about client allowing for exchanged value optimization
- It encompasses marketing, sales and service and also integrates with the Back Office activities
- It integrates business partners supply chain operations in both directions
- It is powered with information systems of CRM class, with comprehensive treatment of information flow processes
Our proposal of CRM system – Oracle CRM
Oracle CRM is part of an integrated set of the Oracle E-Business Suite, applications, which enables a centralized collection of information about clients and contacts via various accessible channels. Knowledge about clients and cognisance of their needs revamps services and boosts sales and marketing campain effectivness. Full integration of information about vendees and advanced tools used for data analysis are the main strengths of Oracle CRM solution. Sales, marketing, service, Call Center and Internet are the key areas supported by Oracle CRM.
Oracle CRM facilitates transition from traditional marketing, sales and service model to the model with the use of Internet, which provides for a better market penetration, better client service, product and service customization. Tied integration with the remaining applications of Oracle E-Business Suite i.e. ERP modules and Business Intelligence, is regarded as a distinguished feature of the system. Equally important is the solution’s modularity, which means, that by customizing a solution to a specific end user only elements,that are vital to the client are suggested, without the necessity of implementing the full integrated set. Modularity also means a possibility of deployment of additional applications, without drastic alterations made in the system.
Oracle CRM system helps the enterprise to control contracts with clients, by using a combination of cutting-edge and bleeding-edge technologies with other synchronized communication channels such as: WWW, Telephony, e-mail, personal contact. It ensures marketing, sale, service and e-business integration into a common system, which delivers to a firm a global picture of each client needs.
Application architecture is based on a 3-tier processing model. The model is characterised by decomposition of specific tasks(services) among many architectural layers. Data Warehouse layer, Application layer, Client layer.
Key elements of Oracle CRM set: